Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Fiscal Conservatives Criticize Pataki
By Chris Ulanowski
New York, New York – Governor Pataki has proposed borrowing four billion dollars from the state's tobacco settlement fund to help relieve New York's mounting fiscal crisis.
That has some fiscal conservatives fuming.
Chairman of the state's Conservative party, Michael Long, says using the tobacco money is wrong.
He says it will increase New York's indebtedness.
Long says the fiscal crisis will be solved in the long term by sound economic development initiatives, not by throwing money at the problem.