Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Around the Nation
Florida Man Fleeing From Cops Attacked By Alligator
Originally published on Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Police in Pinellas County, Florida pulled over Bryan Zuniga at a traffic stop. The man ran away but his already bad day got worse, because as he fled he was attacked by an alligator. Police later arrested him at the hospital where he was being treated for his wounds. You may have seen those TV commercials, on for years, where a dog urges you to take a bite out of crime. This is not precisely what the crime dog meant, but close enough.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.