Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Ford Will Not Run Against Gillibrand
By Dave Bollard
Oswego, NY – U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand appears to have benefited from the talk of a primary challenge.
A new poll from Marist College finds that Gillibrand's approval ratings rose over the last month.
The Marist poll finds her with a large lead over Harold Ford, the former congressman who thought about fighting a democratic party primary against her.
Ford said this week he would not run.
Gillibrand holds large leads in the poll against any republican challenger, except one.
Former Gov. George Pataki holds a tiny lead over Gillibrand in the Marist Poll. Pataki has not said whether he will run.
Gillibrand's approval ratings have also risen in the last month. They're now above 50 percent.