Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
France, England Tussle Over Painting Of Christ
The painting whose title translates to "Christ Carrying the Cross" was completed by French Baroque painter Nicolas Tournier in the 1630s, only to disappear from France in 1818. The canvas turned up in Italy a couple years ago. A gallery in London eventually purchased it and brought it to a showing in Paris. Now the French government is trying to keep the painting saying it was stolen.