Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Gas Station Museum Brings Nostalgia to Rome Residents
By Elizabeth Christensen
Rome, NY – The old H.P. Sears Service Station on the corner of North George and West Liberty Streets in Rome has re-opened as a museum.
The red, white, and blue building is an exact replica of the gas station that was built in 1933 and is filled with memorabilia from a bygone era.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen visited the service station museum on it's opening day and prepared this audio postcard.