Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Gas Station Museum Brings Nostalgia to Rome Residents
By Elizabeth Christensen
Rome, NY – The old H.P. Sears Service Station on the corner of North George and West Liberty Streets in Rome has re-opened as a museum.
The red, white, and blue building is an exact replica of the gas station that was built in 1933 and is filled with memorabilia from a bygone era.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen visited the service station museum on it's opening day and prepared this audio postcard.