Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Gas Station Museum Brings Nostalgia to Rome Residents
By Elizabeth Christensen
Rome, NY – The old H.P. Sears Service Station on the corner of North George and West Liberty Streets in Rome has re-opened as a museum.
The red, white, and blue building is an exact replica of the gas station that was built in 1933 and is filled with memorabilia from a bygone era.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen visited the service station museum on it's opening day and prepared this audio postcard.