Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Gas Station Museum Brings Nostalgia to Rome Residents
By Elizabeth Christensen
Rome, NY – The old H.P. Sears Service Station on the corner of North George and West Liberty Streets in Rome has re-opened as a museum.
The red, white, and blue building is an exact replica of the gas station that was built in 1933 and is filled with memorabilia from a bygone era.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen visited the service station museum on it's opening day and prepared this audio postcard.