Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Gay Marriage in New York State
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – The state's hihgest court is hearing arguments in a case filed on behalf of gays and lesbians who have been denied marriage licenses.
As it stands now, the state's domestic relations and marriage laws do not apply to same sex couples.
As lawyers on both sides of the case argue in court, same sex partners statewide anxiously await the court decision.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to one such couple.