Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Gay Marriage in New York State
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – The state's hihgest court is hearing arguments in a case filed on behalf of gays and lesbians who have been denied marriage licenses.
As it stands now, the state's domestic relations and marriage laws do not apply to same sex couples.
As lawyers on both sides of the case argue in court, same sex partners statewide anxiously await the court decision.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to one such couple.