Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Gay Marriage in New York State
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – The state's hihgest court is hearing arguments in a case filed on behalf of gays and lesbians who have been denied marriage licenses.
As it stands now, the state's domestic relations and marriage laws do not apply to same sex couples.
As lawyers on both sides of the case argue in court, same sex partners statewide anxiously await the court decision.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to one such couple.