Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Gay Marriage in New York State
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – The state's hihgest court is hearing arguments in a case filed on behalf of gays and lesbians who have been denied marriage licenses.
As it stands now, the state's domestic relations and marriage laws do not apply to same sex couples.
As lawyers on both sides of the case argue in court, same sex partners statewide anxiously await the court decision.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke to one such couple.