Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Gay rights group awaits details of same-sex marriage recognition order
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Governor David Paterson's executive order gives state agencies until June 30th, to report back to him on how they will begin to recognize legal out-of-state gay marriages.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Executive Director of the Empire State Pride Agenda, Alan Van Capelle. He says while the move provides a solution for same-sex couples, it also raises some questions.
(Same-sex couples interested in giving their take on this issue can contact the news department at email@example.com or by calling 315-312-3232)