Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Giving Folks A Chance In Medford, Ore.
- The mission of the Maslow Project in Medford: To increase the coping skills of, and self-sufficiency in, young people who are homeless — to give them a decent chance in the adult world.
- Founder and Executive Director Mary Ferrell was born and raised in Medford.
- Lacey Renae is the group's counselor and art therapist. Most art supplies are donated by the local community.
The community also collects clothing for Jessica's Closet, a free shop for young people that is run by volunteers. During the 2011-2012 school year, 1,400 clients visited the Project.
David Gibb is a photographer in Jacksonville, Ore., and listens to Jefferson Public Radio.