Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Gov. Cuomo's rant on education funding, and an expert's response
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Governor Andrew Cuomo unloaded on the state's school districts last week and school officials are taking the unusual step of firing back in public.
The association for superintendents of school issued a long rebuttal of the Governor's comments.
In his press conference, Cuomo claimed schools were playing a game of threatening to harm a child's education because they don't want to make cuts.
We asked Dr. Rick Timbs of the Statewide School Finance Consortium to respond directly to pieces of Cuomo's comments.