Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Gov. Cuomo's rant on education funding, and an expert's response
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Governor Andrew Cuomo unloaded on the state's school districts last week and school officials are taking the unusual step of firing back in public.
The association for superintendents of school issued a long rebuttal of the Governor's comments.
In his press conference, Cuomo claimed schools were playing a game of threatening to harm a child's education because they don't want to make cuts.
We asked Dr. Rick Timbs of the Statewide School Finance Consortium to respond directly to pieces of Cuomo's comments.