Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Gov. Cuomo's rant on education funding, and an expert's response
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
WRVO – Governor Andrew Cuomo unloaded on the state's school districts last week and school officials are taking the unusual step of firing back in public.
The association for superintendents of school issued a long rebuttal of the Governor's comments.
In his press conference, Cuomo claimed schools were playing a game of threatening to harm a child's education because they don't want to make cuts.
We asked Dr. Rick Timbs of the Statewide School Finance Consortium to respond directly to pieces of Cuomo's comments.