Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Gov. Paterson's hotel spending
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Questions have been raised over Governor David Paterson's hotel spending.
Paterson reportedly spent more than $2,000 on hotel rooms in Albany since becoming Lieutenant Governor, even though he owns a home 20 minutes outside the capitol. The rooms were paid for with a state issued credit card.
Paterson says he needed to be close to the capitol to attend early morning meetings with then Governor Spitzer.
A good government group is calling the speculation premature. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Executive Director of Common Cause New York, Susan Lerner.