Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Gov. Paterson's hotel spending
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Questions have been raised over Governor David Paterson's hotel spending.
Paterson reportedly spent more than $2,000 on hotel rooms in Albany since becoming Lieutenant Governor, even though he owns a home 20 minutes outside the capitol. The rooms were paid for with a state issued credit card.
Paterson says he needed to be close to the capitol to attend early morning meetings with then Governor Spitzer.
A good government group is calling the speculation premature. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Executive Director of Common Cause New York, Susan Lerner.