Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
Governor David Paterson Delivers State of the State Address
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Governor David Paterson has delivered his first State of the State Address.
Before a joint session of the legislature, the Democratic Governor called the state of the state "perilous"...saying New York is facing the gravest economic challenge in nearly a century.
Paterson stressed that it is a time for action, courage and hope.He noted that New York state entered a recession in August. He's already proposed a $121 billion budget for the upcoming fiscal year. That includes layoffs, a cut in school aid and 88 new or higher fees.