Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Governor Paterson Suggests Cuts to Health Care and Education
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – State lawmakers will return to Albany next week to cut as much as 2 billion dollars from the current state budget.
With next year's deficit expected to reach more than 12 billion dollars, Governor Paterson has said that cuts to education and healthcare are likely.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with E.J. McMahon, executive director of the Empire Center for New York State Policy about the proposed cuts.