Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Governor Paterson Suggests Cuts to Health Care and Education
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – State lawmakers will return to Albany next week to cut as much as 2 billion dollars from the current state budget.
With next year's deficit expected to reach more than 12 billion dollars, Governor Paterson has said that cuts to education and healthcare are likely.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with E.J. McMahon, executive director of the Empire Center for New York State Policy about the proposed cuts.