Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Governor Paterson Suggests Cuts to Health Care and Education
By Jason Smith
Oswego, NY – State lawmakers will return to Albany next week to cut as much as 2 billion dollars from the current state budget.
With next year's deficit expected to reach more than 12 billion dollars, Governor Paterson has said that cuts to education and healthcare are likely.
WRVO's Jason Smith spoke with E.J. McMahon, executive director of the Empire Center for New York State Policy about the proposed cuts.