Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Grant Reeher speaks with Dan Maffei, former Member of Congress from New York's 25th district.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Dan Maffei is the former Member of Congress from New York's 25th district a seat he lost last November in a razor-close election to Ann Marie Buerkle. In this conversation his first broadcast interview since conceding to Buerkle he sorts out the factors that he's considering in deciding whether or not to run again. In that process he reflects back on the past campaign and how hard the loss was for him. He also responds to the recent criticisms surrounding the bonuses his congressional staff received on their way out. The topic then shifts to potential Republic presidential contenders, and the many ways according to Maffei that moderates and moderate political conversations are disadvantaged in the current political system. Finally, there's a discussion of our current involvement in Libya.