Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Grant Reeher speaks with Dan Maffei, former Member of Congress from New York's 25th district.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Dan Maffei is the former Member of Congress from New York's 25th district a seat he lost last November in a razor-close election to Ann Marie Buerkle. In this conversation his first broadcast interview since conceding to Buerkle he sorts out the factors that he's considering in deciding whether or not to run again. In that process he reflects back on the past campaign and how hard the loss was for him. He also responds to the recent criticisms surrounding the bonuses his congressional staff received on their way out. The topic then shifts to potential Republic presidential contenders, and the many ways according to Maffei that moderates and moderate political conversations are disadvantaged in the current political system. Finally, there's a discussion of our current involvement in Libya.