Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Grant Reeher speaks with Jon Trickett, a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Jon Trickett is a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets. He was also a leader, from the back-benches, of the protest within Parliament against the Iraq War. He's now in the Labour opposition, acting as a strategic advisor to Labour Leader Ed Milliband. In this conversation he discusses the American response to the financial crisis and the broader issue of government spending, both here and abroad. He also weighs in on the attempts at the state level to alter the collective bargaining power of public unions.