Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Grant Reeher speaks with Jon Trickett, a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Jon Trickett is a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets. He was also a leader, from the back-benches, of the protest within Parliament against the Iraq War. He's now in the Labour opposition, acting as a strategic advisor to Labour Leader Ed Milliband. In this conversation he discusses the American response to the financial crisis and the broader issue of government spending, both here and abroad. He also weighs in on the attempts at the state level to alter the collective bargaining power of public unions.