Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Grant Reeher speaks with Jon Trickett, a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Jon Trickett is a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets. He was also a leader, from the back-benches, of the protest within Parliament against the Iraq War. He's now in the Labour opposition, acting as a strategic advisor to Labour Leader Ed Milliband. In this conversation he discusses the American response to the financial crisis and the broader issue of government spending, both here and abroad. He also weighs in on the attempts at the state level to alter the collective bargaining power of public unions.