Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Grant Reeher speaks with Jon Trickett, a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Jon Trickett is a Labour Member of Parliament, who served in both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's Cabinets. He was also a leader, from the back-benches, of the protest within Parliament against the Iraq War. He's now in the Labour opposition, acting as a strategic advisor to Labour Leader Ed Milliband. In this conversation he discusses the American response to the financial crisis and the broader issue of government spending, both here and abroad. He also weighs in on the attempts at the state level to alter the collective bargaining power of public unions.