Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Grant Reeher speaks with Matt Doheny, the Republican nominee for New York's 23rd congressional district.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Matt Doheny, the Republican nominee for New York's 23rd congressional district, discusses his overall approach to the role of government in the economy, which is informed by his past experience in the business world. Included is a treatment of government spending and an argument that all government programs must be re-examined afresh. Other topics include Doheny's reasons for supporting "don't ask, don't tell," until the military concludes the policy doesn't work.