Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
Grant Reeher speaks with recently re-elected State Senator Dave Valesky.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Recently re-elected State Senator Dave Valesky returns to the program to have a frank discussion about the problem of attack ads, and the process candidates go through in deciding to run them and in crafting their messages. The discussion then turns to the related problem of elected officials and political candidates having authentic, meaningful and therefore politically risky conversations in public venues. It's an interesting wrap to what many viewed as the nastiest campaign season on record.