Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Grant Reeher speaks with recently re-elected State Senator Dave Valesky.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Recently re-elected State Senator Dave Valesky returns to the program to have a frank discussion about the problem of attack ads, and the process candidates go through in deciding to run them and in crafting their messages. The discussion then turns to the related problem of elected officials and political candidates having authentic, meaningful and therefore politically risky conversations in public venues. It's an interesting wrap to what many viewed as the nastiest campaign season on record.