Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Grant Reeher speaks with Republican Andrew Russo, who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego – Republican Andrew Russo who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat describes what he sees as the problem with professional politicians and why he won't become one; why as a citizen he didn't vote in the historic 2008 election and what he's learned from not having voted more often; and how he'd try to change the Medicaid and pension programs in order to save the state some money. He also sets forward a strategy of how me might behave and vote in the Senate, along the lines of a free agent rather than a party member.