Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Grant Reeher speaks with Republican Andrew Russo, who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego – Republican Andrew Russo who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat describes what he sees as the problem with professional politicians and why he won't become one; why as a citizen he didn't vote in the historic 2008 election and what he's learned from not having voted more often; and how he'd try to change the Medicaid and pension programs in order to save the state some money. He also sets forward a strategy of how me might behave and vote in the Senate, along the lines of a free agent rather than a party member.