Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Grant Reeher speaks with Republican Andrew Russo, who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego – Republican Andrew Russo who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat describes what he sees as the problem with professional politicians and why he won't become one; why as a citizen he didn't vote in the historic 2008 election and what he's learned from not having voted more often; and how he'd try to change the Medicaid and pension programs in order to save the state some money. He also sets forward a strategy of how me might behave and vote in the Senate, along the lines of a free agent rather than a party member.