Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
Grant Reeher speaks with Republican Andrew Russo, who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego – Republican Andrew Russo who is challenging incumbent State Senator Dave Valesky for the 49th District seat describes what he sees as the problem with professional politicians and why he won't become one; why as a citizen he didn't vote in the historic 2008 election and what he's learned from not having voted more often; and how he'd try to change the Medicaid and pension programs in order to save the state some money. He also sets forward a strategy of how me might behave and vote in the Senate, along the lines of a free agent rather than a party member.