Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Grant Reeher speaks with Roger Hardy, a long-time middle east and Islamic Affairs analyst and author of The Muslim Revolt.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – Roger Hardy, a long-time middle east and Islamic Affairs analyst and author of The Muslim Revolt, returns to the Campbell Conversations following an appearance on the program this past June, in London. Hardy has retired from the BBC and is now a scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, DC. This conversation focuses on President Obama's efforts to engage the Muslim world and the deep challenges he faces over the next couple years in part because of the promises he made in his campaign and the early months of his administration. The conversation also takes a look forward in the region.