Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego, NY – In a wide-ranging conversation reflecting the guest's own work, Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the topics touched on are the challenges the Upstate region has faced and the strengths it has to draw on, the essence of good commentary and its relationship to a community, the sports-related books Kirst has authored, and litter. Along the way Kirst reads from his own favorite column, and throughout the conversation he weaves the personal side of things into his more general observations as he does with his writing.