Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego, NY – In a wide-ranging conversation reflecting the guest's own work, Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the topics touched on are the challenges the Upstate region has faced and the strengths it has to draw on, the essence of good commentary and its relationship to a community, the sports-related books Kirst has authored, and litter. Along the way Kirst reads from his own favorite column, and throughout the conversation he weaves the personal side of things into his more general observations as he does with his writing.