Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard.
By Jason Smith, Kate Percival
Oswego, NY – In a wide-ranging conversation reflecting the guest's own work, Grant Reeher talks this week with Sean Kirst, the popular and award-winning columnist for the Syracuse Post-Standard. Among the topics touched on are the challenges the Upstate region has faced and the strengths it has to draw on, the essence of good commentary and its relationship to a community, the sports-related books Kirst has authored, and litter. Along the way Kirst reads from his own favorite column, and throughout the conversation he weaves the personal side of things into his more general observations as he does with his writing.