Most Active Stories
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
Greek Parliament Weighs Property Tax Amid Protests
The Greek government hopes to pass a new tax law in Parliament on Tuesday, despite wide opposition to the move by a Greek public already suffering under a policy of strict austerity. Ministers say the new property tax, which would be added to people's electricity bills, is needed to persuade the IMF and EU to release more bailout funds to prop up the Greek economy.