Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Green Party Candidate for Mayor in Syracuse
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – If Green Party candidate for mayor in Syracuse Howie Hawkins had his way, the current system of city government would scrapped and replaced by a system of what he calls "grassroots democracy and proportional representation."
Hawkins outlined his plan in a position paper. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the Green Party candidate.