Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Green Party Candidate for Mayor in Syracuse
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – If Green Party candidate for mayor in Syracuse Howie Hawkins had his way, the current system of city government would scrapped and replaced by a system of what he calls "grassroots democracy and proportional representation."
Hawkins outlined his plan in a position paper. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to the Green Party candidate.