Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Haiti Grapples With Highest Cholera Rate In World
Just one year after the cholera epidemic emerged in Haiti, nearly half a million Haitians have contracted the disease and more than 6,000 have died form it. Michel Martin explores what cholera is, and how Haiti's government is making new efforts to tackle the crisis. She speaks with Miami Herald Caribbean Correspondent Jacqueline Charles and Dr. Louise Ivers, who lives in Haiti and works for Partners in Health.