Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Hancock Airport Graduates 100 New Screeners
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – More than 100 airport screeners graduated from months of training at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse yesterday.
Gary Milano, the Transportation Security Administration's director at Hancock, says the training was intense. The screeners learned to identify objects in x-ray machines.
These screeners are among the first to go through training and be qualified as federal security employees.
Very few of the screeners who had worked for private security companies before September 11th continued on with training to be T.S.A. certified.