Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Two central N.Y. schools opt out of National School Lunch Program
More News From WRVO
Hancock Airport Graduates 100 New Screeners
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – More than 100 airport screeners graduated from months of training at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse yesterday.
Gary Milano, the Transportation Security Administration's director at Hancock, says the training was intense. The screeners learned to identify objects in x-ray machines.
These screeners are among the first to go through training and be qualified as federal security employees.
Very few of the screeners who had worked for private security companies before September 11th continued on with training to be T.S.A. certified.