Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Hancock Airport Graduates 100 New Screeners
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – More than 100 airport screeners graduated from months of training at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse yesterday.
Gary Milano, the Transportation Security Administration's director at Hancock, says the training was intense. The screeners learned to identify objects in x-ray machines.
These screeners are among the first to go through training and be qualified as federal security employees.
Very few of the screeners who had worked for private security companies before September 11th continued on with training to be T.S.A. certified.