Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Hancock Airport Graduates 100 New Screeners
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – More than 100 airport screeners graduated from months of training at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse yesterday.
Gary Milano, the Transportation Security Administration's director at Hancock, says the training was intense. The screeners learned to identify objects in x-ray machines.
These screeners are among the first to go through training and be qualified as federal security employees.
Very few of the screeners who had worked for private security companies before September 11th continued on with training to be T.S.A. certified.