Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Harold Ford Jr. Continues Listening Tour Through Syracuse
By Ryan Morden
Syracuse, NY – Harold Ford Jr., former Tenn. Congressman was in Syracuse yesterday to meet with residents, civic leaders and elected officials. Ford is considering running against Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in the Democratic primary later this year.
"The message that I'm hearing has been consistent with the things I'm hearing across the State," said Ford, who is also a New York City resident.
"The desire for greater economic growth, to help stimulate more on business's part [ ] will help create more and more jobs," said Ford.
Ford plans to visit Syracuse again before he makes up his mind whether to pursue a candidacy against Gillibrand.
Diane Dwire, Chairperson of the Onondaga County Democratic Party, said there is room for Ford in the party, it is a matter of finding where.
President Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, plans to be the features speaker at a fundraiser for Gillibrand in New York City later this month.