Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Has Political Mud-Slinging Reached New Heights?
As South Carolina gears up for this weekend's primary, hopefuls are spending millions on ads slamming the president and each other. Host Michel Martin speaks to NPR's Ron Elving and Rosemarie Ostler, author of the book "Slinging Mud," about how ads today fit into America's colorful history of political attack campaigns.