Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Head of Upstate Will Chair New Biodefense Council
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – The president of Upstate Medical University in Syracuse is now the chairman of a newly created "biodefense" council.
Dr. Gregory Eastwood will head up the new committee formed by the Association of Academic Health Centers.
Eastwood says teaching hospitals will be first responders in the event of a bioterrorist attack. He says the hospitals will also be at the forefront of research and development of preventative vaccines for certain biological agents.
CLICK on the icon above to hear comments from Dr. Gregory Eastwood about the role teaching hospitals will play in the post-9/11 world.