Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Head of Upstate Will Chair New Biodefense Council
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – The president of Upstate Medical University in Syracuse is now the chairman of a newly created "biodefense" council.
Dr. Gregory Eastwood will head up the new committee formed by the Association of Academic Health Centers.
Eastwood says teaching hospitals will be first responders in the event of a bioterrorist attack. He says the hospitals will also be at the forefront of research and development of preventative vaccines for certain biological agents.
CLICK on the icon above to hear comments from Dr. Gregory Eastwood about the role teaching hospitals will play in the post-9/11 world.