Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Headlines and Links
Here's a round up of regional news from WRVO:
Officials say a $37 million grant from the Federal Department of Energy will help upgrade the state's electricity grid and help fund a $75 million "smart grid" initiative to improve the efficiency of New York's electricity delivery system.
The New York State Unified Court System has published an online voter guide with information about candidates for judgeships that include occupation, education, professional history and a short personal statement.
Officials are warning motorists to watch out for deer on the roads as the mating season heats up in New York state.
Comptroller DiNapoli says the state is spending about $12 billion a year to deal with obesity. He says parents, schools, community groups and government officials have to address obesity in children to avoid the much higher costs of adult obesity.
In the works: Coverage of Owens/Doheny and Hanna/Lamb debates.
Remember you can find audio of all of our local newscasts each morning and afternoon. Just click the Regional News button.