Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Headlines and Links
Here's a round up of regional news from WRVO:
Officials say a $37 million grant from the Federal Department of Energy will help upgrade the state's electricity grid and help fund a $75 million "smart grid" initiative to improve the efficiency of New York's electricity delivery system.
The New York State Unified Court System has published an online voter guide with information about candidates for judgeships that include occupation, education, professional history and a short personal statement.
Officials are warning motorists to watch out for deer on the roads as the mating season heats up in New York state.
Comptroller DiNapoli says the state is spending about $12 billion a year to deal with obesity. He says parents, schools, community groups and government officials have to address obesity in children to avoid the much higher costs of adult obesity.
In the works: Coverage of Owens/Doheny and Hanna/Lamb debates.
Remember you can find audio of all of our local newscasts each morning and afternoon. Just click the Regional News button.