Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Headlines and Links
Here's a roundup of regional news from WRVO:
24th congressional district Democrat Dan Maffei received the support of President Barack Obama in his race against incumbent Republican Representative Ann Marie Buerkle and Green Party candidate Ursula Rozum.
Eight Black Hawk helicopters from Fort Drum have been sent to Hanscom Air Force Base outside of Boston to assist in storm relief support in areas devastated by Hurricane Sandy earlier this week.
New York officials say they have reopened some of the state's canals after water levels were lowered to reduce the flooding risk from Superstorm Sandy. The entire system is expected to fully reopen by Monday.
Rochester-based company Arista Power is in discussions with the US Navy about a possible contract.
In the works: How central NY Catholics' faith affect their votes.
Remember you can find audio of all of our local news stories each morning and afternoon. Just click the Regional News button.