Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Headlines and Links
Here's a roundup of regional news from WRVO:
A tainted shipment of steroid shots is suspected in a nationwide outbreak of meningitis. 425 New York residence received shots from the shipment, but there have been no reported cases of meningitis in New York state.
Despite the severe crop-damaging conditions of the past year, the New York state pumpkin crop is thriving, particularly in the Southern Tier.
Anti-tax groups are giving Gov. Andrew Cuomo bad ratings for his taxing and spending policies of the past two years. The National Tax Foundation ranked New York 49th in its business tax climate index.
In the works: A western New York photonics manufacturing company has received a grant to develop a hand-held camera that captures images of the back of the eye.
Remember, you can find audio of all of our local newscasts each morning and afternoon. Just click the Regional News button.