Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Health Care Co. Launches Hospital-Ranking Database
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – A health care company has launched a new web tool that allows consumers to research hospitals in their area.
The Excellus website now offers a database where consumers can find out the number of procedures a hospital does, the number of successful surgeries, and surveys of patient satisfaction.
Dr. Jonathan Kaplan, the chief medical officer for Excellus Health Plan, says the excellus site is more in-depth than similar databases because it covers a wider area and gives visitors 2 or more years of data on any given hospital.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more about the wesbite from Dr. Jonathan Kaplan.
To visit the site go to: