Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Health Care Co. Launches Hospital-Ranking Database
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – A health care company has launched a new web tool that allows consumers to research hospitals in their area.
The Excellus website now offers a database where consumers can find out the number of procedures a hospital does, the number of successful surgeries, and surveys of patient satisfaction.
Dr. Jonathan Kaplan, the chief medical officer for Excellus Health Plan, says the excellus site is more in-depth than similar databases because it covers a wider area and gives visitors 2 or more years of data on any given hospital.
CLICK on the icon above to hear more about the wesbite from Dr. Jonathan Kaplan.
To visit the site go to: