Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame
Originally published on Thu November 7, 2013 2:27 pm
Saying that "one toy stretches our gray matter; the other expands our sense of childhood wonder," the National Toy Hall of Fame announced Thursday that its 2013 inductees are the game of chess and the rubber duck.
This year's finalists that didn't make it into the Rochester, N.Y., hall:
The game of Clue
Fisher-Price Little People
Little green Army men
Magic 8 Ball
My Little Pony
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All of the hall's honorees are posted here.
We've written about the hall before. Yes, we're still hoping for sidewalk chalk to get in.
Also, with Rubber Duckie in the hall how can they leave out Ernie (and Bert, of course)?