Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
High Gas Prices, Fewer Service Stations
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Consumers shopping for the best gas prices may soon have even fewer options.
Over the past 30 years, the number of gas stations open in New York State has been cut in half. A Wall Street Journal report says 200 stations have closed in the past year alone.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Executive Director of the New York State Association of Service Stations and Repair Shops, Ralph Bombardiere.