Most Active Stories
- Drum numbers likely dropping – but no cause for alarm
- Cape Vincent tells state: we want decision on wind farm
- Syracuse takes "first step" toward seizing old Hotel Syracuse
- Modernized "Music Man" production gives Syracuse student actors new experience
- Congress saves fire hydrants from scrap yard over lead rules
Hiring's Up, So Will Obama Keep His Job?
New jobs numbers came out Friday, reporting employers added more than 100,000 workers to their payrolls. That's better than many forecasters were expecting, but not good enough for the 14 million Americans who are still out of work. NPR's Scott Horsley reports on what the numbers tell us about the economy and what they mean for President Obama.