Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
In his 36-year foreign service career, David Newton has served as an ambassador to both Iraq and Yemen, and has also been the director of Radio Free Iraq. He speaks with Grant Reeher.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – This week, Grant Reeher speaks with David Newton. In his 36-year foreign service career, Newton has served as an ambassador to both Iraq and Yemen, and has also been the director of Radio Free Iraq. In this conversation, he discusses events in Yemen, the consistency of U.S. policy in the Arab region, the Obama doctrine, and the possible effects of the "Arab spring" on Iraq and Iran. He also identifies what he sees as the biggest mutual misconceptions between the U.S. and the Arab world.