Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
In his 36-year foreign service career, David Newton has served as an ambassador to both Iraq and Yemen, and has also been the director of Radio Free Iraq. He speaks with Grant Reeher.
By Grant Davis Reeher
Oswego, NY – This week, Grant Reeher speaks with David Newton. In his 36-year foreign service career, Newton has served as an ambassador to both Iraq and Yemen, and has also been the director of Radio Free Iraq. In this conversation, he discusses events in Yemen, the consistency of U.S. policy in the Arab region, the Obama doctrine, and the possible effects of the "Arab spring" on Iraq and Iran. He also identifies what he sees as the biggest mutual misconceptions between the U.S. and the Arab world.