Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
History Of Hazing As 'Equal Opportunity Disgrace'
The death of a Florida A&M University drum major is shedding light on a culture of hazing that extends beyond familiar organizations, such as college athletic teams, fraternities and sororities. Host Michel Martin discusses the practice of hazing with Hank Nuwer, the author of several books on the subject. He is also an associate professor of journalism at Franklin College.