Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Around the Nation
History Of Hazing As 'Equal Opportunity Disgrace'
The death of a Florida A&M University drum major is shedding light on a culture of hazing that extends beyond familiar organizations, such as college athletic teams, fraternities and sororities. Host Michel Martin discusses the practice of hazing with Hank Nuwer, the author of several books on the subject. He is also an associate professor of journalism at Franklin College.