Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Around the Nation
History Of Hazing As 'Equal Opportunity Disgrace'
The death of a Florida A&M University drum major is shedding light on a culture of hazing that extends beyond familiar organizations, such as college athletic teams, fraternities and sororities. Host Michel Martin discusses the practice of hazing with Hank Nuwer, the author of several books on the subject. He is also an associate professor of journalism at Franklin College.