Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Holiday Sales on Par with Last Season
By Elizabeth Christensen
Albany, NY – The state's Retail Council says this year's holiday sales appear to equal last season.
Senior Vice President for the Retail Council, Ted Potrikus, says stores cutting prices at the last minute did encourage some last minute shoppers.
Potrikus says the overall shopping season cannot be called successful.
Some retailers are facing a serious deficit.
After Christmas sales may help, but Potrikus says the Christmas Day storm that dumped up to three feet of snow in some areas has already kept some shoppers out of the stores.