Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
Holiday Season Expected To Be Good For Pets
Originally published on Thu November 10, 2011 8:44 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. The holiday season will apparently be a good one for pets. A survey finds most pet owners plan to buy their pets a gift. We're not sure what this means for the economy, but people are spending more. They're budgeting $46 - up $5 from last year. Hopefully, a dog named Echo in Hawaii is not listening, since the owner says her dog is getting a toy for Christmas, and her husband is getting a shirt from the dog.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.