Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Holidays And Political Gridlock Strain Unemployed
The extension on federal jobless benefits is set to expire. If no deal is reached, 2 million people will see their benefits dry up by the end of January. Guest host Allison Keyes speaks with NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax and Vincent Brandon, who has been unemployed since March.