Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Holidays And Political Gridlock Strain Unemployed
The extension on federal jobless benefits is set to expire. If no deal is reached, 2 million people will see their benefits dry up by the end of January. Guest host Allison Keyes speaks with NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax and Vincent Brandon, who has been unemployed since March.