Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – 60 years ago, Walter Greenberg was a young boy whose escape from Nazi Europe took him to a refugee camp at Fort Ontario in Oswego, NY. His journey and that of just a few hundred others, later became known as the Safe Haven Story.
Now 72, the Rockland County, NY resident is back in Central New York for Holocaust Remembrance ceremonies at Syracuse's Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.