Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – 60 years ago, Walter Greenberg was a young boy whose escape from Nazi Europe took him to a refugee camp at Fort Ontario in Oswego, NY. His journey and that of just a few hundred others, later became known as the Safe Haven Story.
Now 72, the Rockland County, NY resident is back in Central New York for Holocaust Remembrance ceremonies at Syracuse's Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.