Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – 60 years ago, Walter Greenberg was a young boy whose escape from Nazi Europe took him to a refugee camp at Fort Ontario in Oswego, NY. His journey and that of just a few hundred others, later became known as the Safe Haven Story.
Now 72, the Rockland County, NY resident is back in Central New York for Holocaust Remembrance ceremonies at Syracuse's Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.