Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – 60 years ago, Walter Greenberg was a young boy whose escape from Nazi Europe took him to a refugee camp at Fort Ontario in Oswego, NY. His journey and that of just a few hundred others, later became known as the Safe Haven Story.
Now 72, the Rockland County, NY resident is back in Central New York for Holocaust Remembrance ceremonies at Syracuse's Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
He spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.