Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
How Deflating: Huge Rubber Duck Goes Flat In Taiwan
Earlier this year, it was Hong Kong's six-story tall rubber duck that went pffff.
Now, there's word from Taiwan that another of Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's floating works of art has collapsed.
The BBC reports that "the giant inflatable" burst suddenly Tuesday "in front of scores of people gathered on a quayside" in Keelung Port.
Organizers are apologizing and promise to figure out what happened.
As we've previously reported, Hofman believes his ducks promote "peace and harmony."
Related news: He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame