Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Hrabowski Works To Narrow The Achievement Gap
When Freeman Hrabowski became president of The University of Maryland, Baltimore County in 1992, he made it his mission to close the achievement gap. UMBC now sends more African-African students to graduate school in science and technology than any other predominantly white university in the U.S.