Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Human Papilloma Virus vaccine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Health Officials say the Human Papilloma Virus also known as H-P-V is a sexually transmitted disease that causes 70-percent of cervical cancers.
Recently the H-P-V vaccination has been made mandatory for schoolgirls in Texas. More than a dozen other states are considering similar legislation including New York. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with New York Democratic Assemblywoman Amy Paulin of Westchester County. She says the vaccine should be available.