Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Human Papilloma Virus vaccine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Health Officials say the Human Papilloma Virus also known as H-P-V is a sexually transmitted disease that causes 70-percent of cervical cancers.
Recently the H-P-V vaccination has been made mandatory for schoolgirls in Texas. More than a dozen other states are considering similar legislation including New York. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with New York Democratic Assemblywoman Amy Paulin of Westchester County. She says the vaccine should be available.