Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Human Papilloma Virus vaccine
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – Health Officials say the Human Papilloma Virus also known as H-P-V is a sexually transmitted disease that causes 70-percent of cervical cancers.
Recently the H-P-V vaccination has been made mandatory for schoolgirls in Texas. More than a dozen other states are considering similar legislation including New York. WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with New York Democratic Assemblywoman Amy Paulin of Westchester County. She says the vaccine should be available.