Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Hundreds show up at hydrofracking hearing Wednesday, bigger crowd expected today
The Department of Environmental Conservation held the first of four public hearings on hydrofracking Wednesday.More than 800 people descended on the vacant Dansville Middle School to rally both for and against the controversial natural gas drilling technique.
Anti-fracking advocates outnumbered pro-drilling voices by a roughly 80/20 split.Many pro-drilling speakers were booed by the crowd, while anti-drilling speakers earned hearty applause.
The second of four hearings is being held in Binghamton on Thursday. Sessions are scheduled for 1pm and 6pm.
Read more about Wednesday's hearing at The Innovation Trail.