Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Going green: the health benefits of green tea
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- City vs. suburban divide apparent from future of I-81 surveys
Hydrofracking decison may impact more than just oil and gas industry
In a decision released last week, the highest court in New York ruled that local governments can ban drilling within their borders. And while hydrofracking remains on hold in the state, the ruling is expected to have a huge impact on the industry in New York if fracking is eventually permitted.
The dean of the law school at Cornell University, Eduardo Penalver, helps explain the court's ruling
upholding local bans on gas drilling in New York.