Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking hearing opens Monday in Binghamton
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Binghamton, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency will hold the final hearing in its review of the natural gas drilling process, called "hydro-fracking" next week, in Binghamton. In advance of the hearing, we're looking at what drilling might hold for New York State. One benefit that officials are eyeing is job creation, and they're looking across the border to Pennsylvania to learn more. For the Innovation Trail, WRVO's Emma Jacobs has the story.
This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovationtrail.org.