Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking hearing opens Monday in Binghamton
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Binghamton, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency will hold the final hearing in its review of the natural gas drilling process, called "hydro-fracking" next week, in Binghamton. In advance of the hearing, we're looking at what drilling might hold for New York State. One benefit that officials are eyeing is job creation, and they're looking across the border to Pennsylvania to learn more. For the Innovation Trail, WRVO's Emma Jacobs has the story.
This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovationtrail.org.