Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking series, part 1: Job impacts under scrutiny
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Pennsylvania – The Environmental Protection Agency will hold the final hearing in its review of the natural gas drilling process, called "hydro-fracking" next week, in Binghamton. In advance of the hearing, we're looking at what drilling might hold for New York State. One benefit that officials are eyeing is job creation, and they're looking across the border to Pennsylvania to learn more. For the Innovation Trail, WRVO's Emma Jacobs has the story.
Note: This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovation-trail-dot-O-R-G.