Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking series, part 2: New York looks to Pennsylvania for drilling insight
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Pennsylvania – New York currently has a moratorium on extracting gas from the Marcellus Shale, but Pennsylvania is drilling, and New York is watching. In the second installment of our series on drilling, we look at what's in store for rural New York State, where years of bad economic news have made natural gas drilling a tempting prospect. The Innovation Trail's Emma Jacobs has more.
Note: This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovationtrail.org.