Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking series, part 2: New York looks to Pennsylvania for drilling insight
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Pennsylvania – New York currently has a moratorium on extracting gas from the Marcellus Shale, but Pennsylvania is drilling, and New York is watching. In the second installment of our series on drilling, we look at what's in store for rural New York State, where years of bad economic news have made natural gas drilling a tempting prospect. The Innovation Trail's Emma Jacobs has more.
Note: This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovationtrail.org.