Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Hydrofracking series, part 2: New York looks to Pennsylvania for drilling insight
By Emma Jacobs/WRVO's Innovation Trail reporter
Pennsylvania – New York currently has a moratorium on extracting gas from the Marcellus Shale, but Pennsylvania is drilling, and New York is watching. In the second installment of our series on drilling, we look at what's in store for rural New York State, where years of bad economic news have made natural gas drilling a tempting prospect. The Innovation Trail's Emma Jacobs has more.
Note: This story is part of our Innovation Trail collaboration. For more stories about New York's innovation economy, visit us at innovationtrail.org.