Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Igudesman And Joo: 'I Will Survive'
Violinist Aleksey Igudesman and pianist Hyung-ki Joo believe that classical music should be fun. That's why they subvert it whenever they appear on stage.
Igudesman and Joo are professional musicians who kick the stuffing out of music. They use every means at their disposal to find a laugh — combining elements of serious music with pop songs, playing instruments with unorthodox devices and generally cutting up on stage. Their YouTube videos — (beginning with one called "Rachmaninov Had Big Hands") have garnered over 20 million hits. Igudesman and Joo have been touring the US and stopped by NPR to play — in both senses of the word.