Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
Ikea Changes Design Of Popular Bookcase
According to The Economist magazine, Ikea is changing the design of its popular Billy Bookcases to make the shelves deeper. The magazine asserts that's because Ikea thinks its customers will use the shelves for ornaments and tchotchkees – not books. But an Ikea spokesman insists "Billy is best for books."