Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Ikea Changes Design Of Popular Bookcase
According to The Economist magazine, Ikea is changing the design of its popular Billy Bookcases to make the shelves deeper. The magazine asserts that's because Ikea thinks its customers will use the shelves for ornaments and tchotchkees – not books. But an Ikea spokesman insists "Billy is best for books."