Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Behind Closed Doors
The Illicit, Perilous World Of 'Pumping'
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is launching a public safety campaign Monday. It follows many cases of procedures gone wrong at the hands of unqualified surgeons, including 'pumpers' who illegally inject industrial-grade silicone into patients. The practice leads to dire health problems, even death. Guest host Jacki Lyden learns more with Laura Rena Murray, who recently reported this issue for the New York Times, and Dr. Malcolm Roth, the new president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.